The Ga South Municipal Assembly today, cut sod for the construction of a new ultra Modern 6-Unit class block to eradicate shift system in the Municipality by 2020 and ancillary facilities.
The project, which is been Funded with the District Assembly Common Fund is expected to be completed within six months.
In a short ceremony in Ngleshie Amanfro, the Municipal Coordinating Director, Mr. Emmanuel Baisie explained the need and the essence of the project. " it is our vision to eradicate shift system in this Municipality, out of the twenty two schools within this area twenty one are all running shift, a situation that calls for urgent actions hence our decision to site the project here" he stated.
The MCE, Hon. Joseph Nyarni Stephen addressing the media a short while tasked the contractor to make sure he heeds to the timelines giving since the Assembly will not countenance on any delay. He also appealed to residence to pay their property rates since that is the only way the Assembly can have access to funds to put more infrastructural works.
The MCE together with the MP for the Bortianor Ngleshie Amanfro Constituency Hon. Habib Saad, used the opportunity to inspect some completed and ongoing project within the area Some of the areas Visited includes:
- A 6 unit classroom block in Tomefa--- completed
- A 6 unit classroom block in Kokrobite--completed
- Construction of 12 unit classroom block in Galilea--45% complete
- An going Construction of a New 4 storey assembly block. 50% complete
- Ongoing construction project of a female ward at amanfrom clinic---60% complete
- An going Construction of 6unit classroom block at Tebu---70% complete